July 16, 2015

I'm right and you know it!

Funny title above, right?  I hope that title catches your attention, as that was the intent.  That's the blog title my daughter thinks would be great to begin.  She believes that those words cross all boundaries because kids, teens, spouses, seniors, etc. (actually anyone) likes to think and sometimes use those words. 

At the library here, we have many visitors, many suggestions, many comments, much input - and I personally welcome ALL of it.  When ideas come in, factors that I must logically address include:
  • can the budget support it
  • can we schedule staff to provide it
  • is it part of the library long range plan / mission / goals
  • can it be implemented as a pilot initiative
  • how do I quantify if it is of value to our clients, etc.
As libraries evolve we want to continue to provide the best to the community.  Perhaps you have a suggestion or thought to share with me.  Feel free, anytime, and I'll take it from there. 

No comments: